Alright guys, it's been a WHILEY-OH whats been happening?
My life has been its usual irn-bru sugar infested-ness. I saw the METAL GODS that are JUDAS PRIEST and I was indeed a heavy metal maniac lusting after some Judas Priest style Heavy Metal and that was all well and grand and they tore it up and broke it down and blew every fuckers mind.....hold the cliches and gay jokes.
Halford, considering he is most certainly an old man has the sheer power and range and dominating stage presence that just puts everyone else in their place....again hold the gay jokes, it was brilliant! He rarely bottled from his high notes and delivered far surpassing my expectations and have cemented themselves quite comfortably into my hearts after the zzzzz's of Nostradamus, I wouldnt say they redeemed the album much live playing only a total of 2(?) tracks off their latest album but frankly I dont care because their setlist was DYNOMITE!
MEGAdeth also took the stage and lay down 8 or so songs for consumption having seen them twice already and them being a favourite band of mine, but who never really impressed me live what with their uninspiring "what you see, is what you get" attitude, but I have to say, a support slot really suited them they totally gave it the big 'un and I can proudly say I was FUCKED after their set with the banter from the guys and just general rockin' out it was immense, no bullshit whining from Dave 'Metallica?' Mustaine just determined to bring the thunder to Glasgow, and thunder was sought and brought. In My Darkest Hour was my highlight!
What else? Oh I found out unfortunately that Lamb Of God are releasing a special japanese edition of WRATH with an extra track....which probably wont even be that great but my fixation to be hunter and claimer of songs will sorely attack my pocket and thatll be me an extra $30 down for...yes, one track but who cares fuck it!
April 6 - BLACK SABBATH are re-releasing PARANOID as a 3-disc version with:
the original 8 tracks (DISC 1)
A RARE quadrophonic 1974 mix of the 8 tracks (DISC 2)
And disc 3, which is the reason that I'LL be buying the album (AGAIN)
Which features:
Disc 3 (Previously Unreleased Bonus Tracks):
Tracks 1-8 recorded at Regent Sound Studios, June 16-17, 1970:
01. War Pigs (instrumental)
02. Paranoid (alternative lyrical version)
03. Planet Caravan (alternative lyrical version)
04. Iron Man (instrumental)
05. Electric Funeral (instrumental)
06. Hand Of Doom (instrumental)
07. Rat Salad (instrumental)
08. Fairies Wear Boots (instrumental)
THATS RIGHT! INSTRUMENTALS! Now clearly this is just a major cash-grab by Universal Music to make some money off die-hard Sabs fans and it works!! Cause frankly to have these tunes which mostly dont feature Ozzy hollering over them suits me dandy, apparently it has rare pictures and sleeve notes TOO!
I think the intention is to release a bunch of the albums in this format, so really I'm all for as much shite as they can dig out of the vaults as possible cause frankly anything new coming out by bands seems like total gash.
Speaking of cash grabs BLS' NEW album has been announced and is entitled the everly creative: SKULLAGE due out on April 21st, However, it's a greatest hits album...AWWW WHAT A BASTARD I AM for midly hyping it up as a brand new release: It basically features this:
01. Machine Gun Man
02. Dead As Yesterday
03. All For You
04. 13 Years of Grief
05. Bleed for Me
06. Doomsday Jesus
07. Stillborn
08. Won't Find It Here
09. Suicide Messiah
10. In This River
11. Fire It Up
12. New Religion
13. Instrumental Intro (acoustic)
14. The Blessed Hellride (acoustic)
15. Spoke in the Wheel (acoustic)
16. Stillborn (acoustic)
...totally nothing special... a coupla pre-BLS tunes, a coupla tracks off every album after - track-wise doesnt really grab you anywhere particular. However, being the cunt that he is he included some live acoustic tracks which do sound pretty tempting theres also a DVD package which looks like this;
* All For You (from "Boozed Broozed & Broken-Boned")
* 13 Years of Grief (from "Boozed Broozed & Broken-Boned")
* Bleed For Me (from "Boozed Broozed & Broken-Boned")
* Stillborn (Video)
* Suicide Messiah (Video)
* In This River (Video)
* Fire It Up (Video)
* Acoustic (Live)
* Instrumental Intro (Live in Lehigh Valley) (4:59)
* The Blessed Hellride (Live in Lehigh Valley) (5:47)
* Spoke In The Wheel (Live in Lehigh Valley) (5:32)
* We Live No More (Live in Lehigh Valley) (10:29)
* Stillborn (Live in Lehigh Valley) (6:12)
* New Religion (New Footage) (4:04)
* Welcome to The Compound (New Footage) (29:50)
Coupla re-released live videos and some music videos too...but nothing from the shot to hell era...theres a video for New Religion made for this DVD and it also comes with the video footage of the acoustic jam with We Live No More included which wouldve been nice as a CD track, but no. Also there's Welcome To The Compound which is probably a half hour 'documentary' of Zakk Wylde pissing about on tour...
eat yer heart out...I'll be downloading this....maybe.
TV... SOUTH PARK STARTS BACK IN... 17 DAYS AND 10 HOURS
doesnt time fly?
Whether or not it'll be good we'll wait and see but I wouldnt hold my breath
no info on episodes as of now
Only Heroes (LOL) and Lost on TV this week I really hate the american tv schedulers who clearly must enjoy fucking me over on a regular basis and making my week a pile of would-be shit before it even starts
IM DONE, OUT.
THIS IS ALL I HAVE ATM.
COME BACK SOON.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment