Less than a month now til Lamb Of God's WRATH graces my graces and I have to say, once again after reading a review in Rolling Stone once again highlighting the sheer magnitude of closing track 'Reclamation' described as an apocalyptic epic. There's also some funny quotes from the band with Chris Adler highlighting once again how much of a douche he is with his obsession of creating the fastest metal songs around but what he doesnt seem to realise is its not speed you need, it's substence and coming up with 13, 3 minute tracks of charging fills, battering through, doesnt really make a good album just makes a montonious mess. With the crowds all hopped up on adreniline and throwing each other around without really appreciating the music you produce.
But whatever, I'm sure they'll be something on there worth listening too even if the rest is typical and lustreless.
After that bitch and moan it takes me nicely onto my review of this weeks episode of Lost. A desmond episode! Desmond being one of my favourites of the cast; the Scottish seer of visions I couldn't wait!!
However, I couldn't help but feel his performance and overall story in general was stale and frankly irritating as it detracted from the main excitement and drama happening on the island. His script was piss-poor and cheesy "the island...of Great Britain" and then on his travels in Oxford (an EXTREMELY unconvincing portrayal of England) where the accents are all an over-the-top exaggerated cockney whine and the streets are paved with glistening-new cars. Alongside his ridiclous 60s getup for some reason his screen-time was hillariously pathetic and disappointing. Best scene: Confrontation with Widmore.
More focus should have definitely being made on the goings-on of the island and the BOMB that's appeared which could have been more gripping to say the least...a little leak...scary. Blondey mouth-no-move should've died, a bitch fight between her and Juliet or something wouldve spiced things up some. Sawyer says his usual piece "son of a bitch" but you can't help but smile. Locke brings his A-Game and is coy and self-satisfied as always. Brilliant. Daniel has become a lot more likeable as of recent, though his calm and collectiveness and love stint with the less than enjoyable Charlotte I can do without. Miles once again has his little 'I feel dead people' freakout in the jungle, which is becoming more of an annoying feature' than bringing anything exciting or important to the table, I don't think he'll be around much longer though hopefully with his one sarcastic line of the episode.
Shocker of the episode: CHARLES FUCKIN WIDMORE thats right the annoying runt of the episode, clutching a gun and being a cunt turns out its ARCH-I-BALD NEMISIS CHARLES FUCKIN WIDMORE 50 YEARS IN THE PAST. And he's a neck-snappin SOB. Loved it. Nice link-up with Richard and Locke too referring back to the other episodes where Richard visits Locke as a baby/boy which were really cool. Haha the scene with Locke in the Others camp where he's got a huge rifle slung over his shoulder was just genius.
The ending, excluding the 'fairytale' happy endings of earlier seasons was probably one of the worst cliffhangers yet, what with the constant dialogue of Charlotte feeling 'strange' and head-achy etc and the nosebleed previous episode ala prison break style where they dragged his illness out for 8 episodes. So it wasn't too surprising when Charlotte drops to the ground convulsing and bleeding and shit.. I cant help but think it'd been so much more effective and grabbing if they'd just done it out of the blue instead of trying to build it up...
I really missed Ben Linus this time around too and I hope for his return in next weeks episode. I think the fact they're trying to run two major concepts: island time travelling/oceanic six return to island, at the same time is really removing the momentum of whats happening, what happened last week etc. Hopefully they mesh or collide or something happens to fix it.
I need more fast-paced flowing story and excitement cause it turned out this bomb episode was a bit of a dud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment