Stepping into a roasty toasty caravan when it's so chilly baltic outside! Well, what's been happening this morning? Got me an email from my uncle saying he'd managed to sell my spare AC/DC ticket for a very respectable £109 at only a loss of £15 out of £124 that's not bad at all! So I'm quite happy with regards to that!
Feelin a bit better today after an early kip and forcing down a smidgeon of Spag Bol last night, means early rise though so I think I'm destined for a wee bit of Crash Bandicoot to pass the day today. Fabled postie didn't grace my doorstep yesterday and so STILL no floyd, got an email from play.com to say that some of my E6 albums had been posted so look forward to gettin my grubby mits on them and having a wee bit of...DANCE EPIDEMIC TONIGHT!
Read a "review" by Metal Hammer, a track-by-track analysis of Lamb Of God's WRATH which basically confirms in my mind that'll it'll be a thundering, chundering piece of metal, says it's singer Randy Blythe's finest vocal performance yet but with the two tracks i've heard most of the vocals are drowned under a sea of distortion with only lyrics like "GUARAN-FUCKIN-TEED" being heard, and other lines which I feel could've been written with more skill by a chimp, but the metal is mightier than the pen...what we need is a metal pen. I'll try my best to keep any reservations I might have on the down-low until I've heard the thing in full but it's hard to fight my cynasism while feeling so uninspired.
Iron Maiden have released a trailer for their new documentary entitled: IRON MAIDEN: FLIGHT 666! (YESSSS SATAN!) Due to the fact that Maiden have heralded their own auto-ma-plane and taken to the skies to fly around the world and bring heavy metal to the far corners! It's pretty cool to see far-flung countries like India and such rocking out with such passion and love for Maiden's music as I myself have. Clip showed a group with a banner sporting: IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION and while I probably wouldn't go that far anymore can't help but smile. So originally I thought this documentary would be part of an Iron Maiden: Somewhere Back On Tour fullscale DVD package with concerts and such, with the documentary being a major piece but alongside a full gig's worth of songs taken from place to place on the tour but it turns out this documentary is gunna be a worldwide cinema release in April 09. Now as much as I myself love the idea of going to watch the behind the scenes antics and goings-on of my favourite band on the big screen I really can't help but wonder who else would... I mean aside from Maiden fans, the diehards and maybe some of the casual listeners but it's kinda hard to imagine your average Joe Bloggs and his Mrs in the cinema:
Joe: "right honey, there's a new Adam Sandler comedy, chick flick with Renee Zwelelgflger, Russel Crowe's in something or we can go see IRON MAIDEN'S documentary about the 8 month world tour theyve been on, flying about in a plane and playing to millions around the world!"
Mrs: "Iron What?"
Joe: IRON FUCKING MAIDEN THAT'S WHAT!
But seriously? After the success *cough* of Bruce's film venture that was in the classy Motherwell cinema for a staggering one week only and I managed to miss..."Unfortunately" Which turned out to be some stodgy b-movie full to the brim with english humour: "Do you know what's REALLY, REALLY funny?" "A man in women's clothing", "Yes, Quite." I think I'dve enjoyed the soundtrack the most (50s tunes dabbled in amongst a couplve Maiden and Bruce tunes) I fail to see how Maiden/EMI expect their work to compete amongst Hollywood movies which people go to the cinema to see...or maybe they dont, maybe they're just putting it out on the big screen purely for the Maiden fans far and wide can go and enjoy the life and times of the band in their local cinema and if that indeed is the case then I applaud them! Though I don't think it's the most profitable idea for Mr. Manager Rod Smallwallet but I'll definitely go and see it and most probably buy it on DVD. Check out the youtube trailer on It gave me a few grins - APRIL 09 FOLKS! Come with.
Right...I've had this Megadeth song stuck in my head for months now, well at least I think it's Megadeth and it has a big meaty breakdown in it before sweeping into a whirlwind solo that's so tasty I could drink it down with pleasure but I've yet to find it! So in my attempt to fix this I'm gunna sit and listen to every Megadeth song until I find it and my soul can rest, I'm halfway through their Youthanasia album and still no avail! So that's how I intend to spend my day! Wish me luck.
P.S. Postman better come bearing gifts today or I'll be gettin G'Pa with his trusty shotgun and make him eat lead HA HA HA!
Have a good one guys.
P.P.S. Lost tonight! I have a major lust to do a 4am situp and catch it as it comes then stay and watch it in the early hours
We'll see how I feel, Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment