Sunday, 19 October 2008

A KICK UP THE BLOGSIDE!!

As I first said time, I'm a lazy bastard and thus my blog has sat about gathering dust for the past week(s) instead of my writing daily, but I've been a busy man for a change which really equals; tunes; food; bed. the ultimate combo in life technology. Speaking of technology my computer is really starting to piss me off; everytime I startup my computer I get an Internet Explorer script-running error message and apparently 'A' is null and void. Which in real language it translates to get it right up ye ya goon. So that really gets my goat; and various other piss-offeries with my machine.

However, my uni is buying me this: http://www.itspc.co.uk/computers/its/solo98400/

that's right buying; much to my bemusement but whatever, they want to give me it, thats cool.

it's basically just a system built into the monitor which is pretty fuckin ritzy in my book; although it does mean I can only have ONE 200GB internal harddrive, which is piss poor in my view considering at the moment I have 3, and 2 portable beasts, so its gunna be a real bitch, trying to decide what stuff I want where... But enough of all the 0s and 1s (HAHAHAHAHA....GAY).

So whats been going on??

AC/DC's BLACK ICE leaked and is slippery at best. Early warning signs was the fact that Rock 'N' Roll Train* (called Rock N Roll Train for no reason except maybe AC/DC felt the need to re-establish the fact that they are a rock band? as if no one knew) opened the album.

*Even though the song clearly sings RUNAWAY TRAIN over and over and over; but eitherway I'm sure the song title will make a good drunken argument for any self-respecting AC/DC fan (ie. me and some idiot - who could also be me)

As a single it's not a bad song by any stretch - it's as foot-stompingly catchy as any other AC/DC single and it was what to be expected. Lyrically predictable with Johnson's/Angus' (?) word association, Train/Tracks = Chorus. But as an opener, it really falls short; it really doesn't have that edge to it; there's no build-up to explosion like every good opener should have, and really after 8 years I think the average fan was wanting a song that makes you go "OH YEAH! AC/DC are BACK!" yknow something refreshing? whereas, it just sorta made you go, "yup, sure sounds like AC/DC but not in that shitty Airbourne sense, so its good!!"

As for the rest of the album... I dont know, the tracks are hardly memorable classics; sure it's got that bar room banter beat to it, but there's no real EDGE to the tunes; some off the riffs are pretty groovy but it's pretty much your standard ROCK AND ROLL stamp to it. And after about 5 songs in, the similar structure in every song painfully sticks out and the songs just become so monotonious Should I have expected more?... I don't know, but t'me it just sounds like a sub-par Back In Black without any balls to it. Skies On Fire, wants to be Hell's Bells, War Machine thinks it's Givin' The Dog A Bone, some would argue I shouldn't be trying to compare it to older material, but sadly I'm not trying.

Ballessness seems to be a real problem in music this year I'm finding, nothing is refreshing to me anymore they all seem to be trying to re-create past glories and failing supremely. It's a sad fucking year in this metal fan's life when his best album of the year is Electric Six's Flashy, no disrespect to them.... but it's a fact it's the album this year that I most enjoy.

Metallica - Death Magnetic, I really don't need to rant about this again. Most people love it, I hate it, James should go the way of old Yeller. Lyrically it's as embaressing as St. Anger, hunting all nightmare long etc etc etc. Kirk seems to just have been given a license to go crazy since Lars told him to STFU on St. Anger and that didn't work so now every song is 8 minutes long in order to have 3000 different time changes and self-indulgent instrumental pieces that go on and do nothing for any of the songs at all but hey, at least it means they SOUND metal right? BULLSHIT. haha that WAS quite a rant eh?

Judas Priest - Nostradamus,

pscht, conflicted. Musically the album is stunning, Lyrically it's okay though it sounds like it's been written to rhyme if you understand and so it's cringeworthy, Halford sounds top DOLLAR, and production-wise it SOUNDS mind-blowing. But the thing goes on for 3 FUCKING HOURS... It's so up, and in it's own ass it's brain-melting, listening to the full thing literally puts me to sleep, JUDAS PRIEST ARE NOT PINK FLOYD, and this is NOT shine on you crazy diamond part XXXI it just doesn't work or do much for me at all... it's not what I expected, and original is good, but it fails for me, it puts me to sleep and thats not something I want from the heavy metal gods that are Priest, sorry.
PAAAAAAIIIIINKILLLLLLLER!

Black Crowes - Warpaint

Bunch of hippy BS, they need to lay off the peote. Disappointing.

Disturbed - Indestructible

Actually, quite good. Doesn't touch most of their older stuff but it is a higher contender and is quite enjoyable, need to break it out of my nu-metal closet of dont talkabouts more often!

and thats basically it for 2008, or what could be called, the most disappointing year of my life musically, I wouldnt say I'm even really that hard to please musically I just want something that inspires me, something that makes me go, "Yeah? Yeah! Fuck Yeah!" and 2008, you didn't do it AT ALL.

FUCK YOU 2008, 2009 is going to destroy you and you're basically 2007's bitch...

need proof?:

SCORPIONS - HUMANITY (HOUR 1)
MEGADETH - UNITED ABOMINATIONS/THAT ONE NIGHT: LIVE/WARCHEST
KING DIAMOND - GIVE ME YOUR SOUL... PLEASE!
DOWN - DOWN III (OVER THE UNDER)
ELECTRIC SIX - I SHALL EXTERMINATE...
HELLOWEEN - GAMBLING WITH THE DEVIL/ BRAZIL LIVE
BLACK SABBATH - LIVE ALBUMS x2

Pity
Ozzy Osbourne - Black Rain
Velvet Revolver - Libretard
Serj Tankian - Elect The Dead

tried to piss on the parade with their crap but it still beats the fuck out what we were given this year

ROLL ON 2009
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In recent 2008 news; I have a computer architecture assessment which I'm bricking myself for, and highly anticipate to fail in. It's WILSON'S BIRTHDAY TMORO AND HE'S LEGAL....OH WAIT, NO...THATS NEXT YEAR. I'm going to see that drunk, pissed-off Irish funny man that is Dylan Moran with the man that is Al Brown, Perth?! Here we come!

[SPOILERS!!! - IF YOU DONT WANNA KNOW I SUGGEST YOU DONT SCROLL DOWN, BUT YOU CANT RESIST ;)] TV will be bringing us:

MONDAY - *FINALLY* FAMILY GUY - 7X03 - ROAD TO GERMANY (BRIAN AND STEWIE SAVING MORT GOLDMAN FROM THE NAZIS SOUNDS DYNAMITE - BETTER NOT DISAPPOINT)
PROMO PIC!!:
Photobucket


MONDAY - AMERICAN DAD - 4X03 - ONE LITTLE WORD:

When Stan becomes his boss' go-to guy, he feels like he can't say no to anything including outrageous personal requests. But when Francine gets roped into the annoying ordeal and her romantic Valentine's Day get-away is ruined, she lays down the law and forces Stan to say "NO".

TUESDAY - PRISON BREAK - 4X08 - THE PRICE:
Lincoln and Sucre target Pad Man to obtain the sixth and final card key. A major character faces his demise at the hands of Gretchen.

TUESDAY - HEROES - 4X06 - DYING OF THE LIGHT:
Hiro and others accept offers to join Pinehearst Industries. After the Company is paralyzed, Peter goes to Pinehearst, its rival, for information. Claire and Sandra try to save Meredith from Doyle, one of the escaped villains. Nathan and Tracy come to Mohinder to learn where their abilities came from

THURSDAY - SOUTH PARK - 12X10 - UNKNOWN


FRIDAY - MY NAME IS EARL - 4X07 - QUIT YOUR SNITCHIN':
Earl finds out that he is no longer covered by the criminal code of ethics when someone steals Randy's birthday present from him. When he learns that the law of the underworld no longer protects him, Earl struggles with the idea of going to the police, despite Joy's protests that snitches are the lowest of the low.


SATURDAY - EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS: 4X04 - EVERYBODY HATES THE ENGLISH TEACHER:
Julius and Rochelle raises Mr. Omar's rent, and Mr. Omar demands that he demands that he brings the apartment up to code, as a result, he stays with the family until the repairs are done, and passes the time by playing blackjack with Drew and Tonya, but it takes a turn for the worse when Mr. Omar uses real money. Chris is assigned to do a book report on Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man, but decides to the movie with the same name title, Greg breaks the news that the movie that Chris watched has nothing to do with the book itself.


AND WHAT WITH SAW V ON FRIDAY AND MY TRIP TO PERTH ON SATURDAY THIS SOUNDS TO BE ONE FUCKIN BITCHIN WEEK

HOPE YA'LL ENJOY IT MUCH AS I HOPE I WILL

CHEERS
K-MAN

MORE POSTS WILL COME

No comments: