Wednesday, 15 April 2009

...A LONG DESERVED UPDATE

Jesus! It's near been a month...kind of - since my last blog or at least it feels it so I feel I owe it at least to myself to give a total update. I guess I've just been kind of put-off for some reason after my distaste for things that have been going on but here's the script

BLACK SABBATH'S (No one mention H&H) first album in 17 years leaked finally and my initial reaction was probably a bit over the top after almost giving up on life all together after the first track didnt completely grab me LOL but I'm giving it a full whack on atm and blaring it with pride... I guess my problem was it just wasnt anything new in any sense of the word but hey, it's still Sabbath as I know and love them.

It marches proudly with pounding drums, moody bass and ripping swagger. On top of that Dio's rich and passionate vocal delivery comes across with a brilliant maleficence untouched by anyone. Sure... it's probably a bit self-indulgent - that was probably always true with these guys, and while for me it's definitely no HEAVEN AND HELL it in no way is the abomination that shite magnetic was or as drab as a lot of the tracks on Black Ice, it contains all the ingredients that you'd want or expect from them. No doubt within a couple of days I'll be ranting and raving about what an idiot I was and how this album is the best thing since .mp3 format sliced bread.

Maiden finally 'officially' announced the DVD/CD release of FLIGHT 666 a double dvd and double live album too! On blu-ray, digital download, vinyl, dvd, cd and book format they really have all bases covered for this cash cow this time around ;)
But needless to say I've just spent £36 on the 2cd live album and double dvd + 30pg book set.

And if you think THAT's fanboy I also couldve gone for the QUOTE limited edition double picture disc and digital download set which is LAVISHLY package btw ;) but no :P I'll just take the DVDs and CDs please and the book might make for nice readin :)

And I also bought a cool flight 666 tee too off play.com for £13 which comes out april 30th. I wanted a new tee so this fits the bill quite nicely:
NEW T-SHIRT
I thought it was pretty cool!! at least better than the DVD cover....
HERE

Which is basically just the promo shot for the cinema release... pretty lazily I was hoping for a brand NEW eddie geared up in a pilot uniform while bruce is serving the coffees LOL ;) *sigh* in a perfect world

speaking of a perfect world, in a perfect world someone will save heroes from sinking into a piss pot of teen drama...what once was a COOL show, with a smart plotline and enjoyable characters has turned into 'make it up as we go along' shite... the characters now all conviently appear and disappear whenever and wherever suits. the script is TERRIBLE, the face-time totally unbalanced and all-in-all just a pretty sad affair...Since it came back after the mid-season break its just got worse and worse! Though I do like the idea of Sylar schmoozin' about as Nathan though how many times has that been done in EVERYTHING?

The appeal of this show is at an all-time low as far as I'm concerned and after seeing Jack Coleman (Noah Bennet) on BBC's 'This Morning' show and my heart literally crumbling along with what little respect I had for Heroes... they should just give Hayden her own spin-off show now and just let Heroes rest in peace - it's done.

LOST! However, just gets better than better with that Dead Is Dead episode I could NOT have been happier! It gave me EVERYTHING I wanted from the show. And although it was a BEN episode, it was clear that LOCKE was the man in control ;) from last time's smug 'Welcome back to the land of the living' to him comfortably sprawling in ben's chair, and the sheer TERROR on ben's face throughout. It was brilliant. We also got some more of WIDMORE past which I'd been hounding for since ep 3. LOL especially with his HEROIC ON HORSE entrance, it was totally unnecessary brilliance... as well as them planting the seeds of hate between Ben/Widmore "I'll be seeing you BOY!" Hahaha, I'd like to see just exactly how/why/when Widmore got banished from the island because doesn't Ben/Richard leave the island fairly often?? to recruit Juliette etc etc, I wonder what JACOB thinks of that!

This week is set to be a "funny" episode with Miles/Hurley but hopefully not a filler...somethin major HAS to happen cause I've said it before and I'll say it again LOST really has no TIME for filler eps and after that Kate ep which I've talked about before in a previous blog I really hope this isnt a full episode of Hurley and Miles sitting round a table playing hungry, hungry hippos or some shit...ignoring the reference between hungry...hippo...and hurley LOL.
But I guess we'll find out IN A FEW HOURS.

Well, Miles' gets his backstory a SEASON overdue ;) I reckon it could've happened in the episode where Rosseau and Alex dies but I guess that wouldve taken away from the DRAMA. Anyway - after a shaky start with some terrible acting from an asian woman (who I recognise but cant quite place...) doesnt matter but cause she dies anyway JUST like THAT woman in the desmond episode if you remember ;). BUT WHY?!
Some cool electro-magnesia death by filling LOL of(Alfrenzo(?)) as well as the building of THE ORCHID which was pretty sweet!
We get a lesson about life from Hurley as he tries to re-write Empire. LOL, freaky new guy "Bram"?? talkin about THE SHADOW OF THE STATUE again and CHOOSING SIDES. Talk about a build-up for season 6 BRING ON BEN VS WIDMORE!!
Elizabeth Mitchell is as beautiful as always if only for a brief moment it was the best scene of the ep ;) oh and Kate gets put in her place by Ben's dad who has some serious issues.
Sneaky Phil finally gets his commence and hopefully more on that in THE VARIABLE with DANIEL!!! Who makes his triumphant return after his nervous breakdown and disappearence all in all hardly the most MIND-BLOWING, MEMORABLE episode but I laughed and I smiled and I fairly enjoyed it more so than an hour of KATE.
But sadly there will be NO, NONE, NONE LOST NEXT WEEK cause it's taking a week off, there WILL be a lost special, I dunno WHAT that entails whether it's a recap of this season thus far or what... but it's called OCEANIAC 6 and its narrated by MICHAEL "BIG BEN" EMERSON so if boredom severely strikes you COULD give that a gander... BUT TO RETORT THERE WILL BE NO LOST EPISODE NEXT WEEK. Although, I think SP is still on-schedule...and sadly it will be EP 7 which marks the MID-SEASON FINALE...meaning that there will be NO new episodes of SP until *groan*...OCTOBER I think... so let's hope it's a good un!

No comments: