Thursday, 26 March 2009

LOST

NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Throughout this full season I'd been pining for an ending that just left me holding my breath and it finally came! Last minute, no time to think WHAM! Sayid shoots a 12 year old boy and Lost cuts to end...

You cant make that stuff up, its genius ;) Better than the warm-lovely "we're fucked, but its alright" closers or the "we've tried to make this as shocking as possible but we HAVE been dropping hints all the way through the episode/season so it's not really surprising END" But this one definitely made me go :O!

I always really like the Sayid episodes cause they're always no nonsense, pure background, action-packed episodes and this one definitely did that!! Apart from the lame awkward introduction of Illana...the bounty hunter... but since we'd already seen her we knew "IT" was coming but just didn't know when and after some cheesy conversation and the ever obvious "girl in a bar" routine he gets a boot to the chops and taken down! Nevertheless it doesn't make me appreciate her anymore, there's no time for new characters who are as uninteresting and bring such stale conversation...but since shes on the island in 2007 now I guess Frank could drown her in the ocean...I'd watch 40 minutes of that!

Straight into the action with Sayid but happily going around shootin folk left, right and center but then we see its for BEN! And apparently the guys on the end of Sayid's vengeful gun are Widmore's peeps or are they??? Maybe Ben only ordered Sayid to kill golf course man because he knew Iguana would come and take him on the plane and this being the only way he'd come back to the island ;)

You've got to love how totally manipulative Ben is of all the characters in getting them all to do exactly what he wants and you can totally see it in Sterling Beaumont too (the guy who plays Ben younger) I really LOVED his performance as Ben in this episodes and thought especially the way he spoke to Sayid in his cell was just SO creeply like how Michael Emerson would do it!

I really liked the voyage to trip out city with Sayid tied to a tree telling them all what REALLY happened with that gleam of madness in his eye and whacko laugh - he did it brilliantly though I wouldve thought Sawyer wouldve been more talkative instead of just grin and bearing it...It was much better than the dodgy tranq drug scene of last PB...which lasts essentially for the full episode and fuck all is gained by it at all...

As intended this was a heavy Sayid episodes and all the various other goings on didnt really matter....trouble in the paradise of Dharma land while they all decide what to do with Sayid. Hurley makes a funny while Jack and Kate sit grumping about Juliet/Sawyer...dodgy dharma man Radinsky worries about his plans for THE SWAN and Ben the younger gets smacked around a bit for making sandwiches... (Pretty sweet to see Ben's dad again though!) Once again no sign of Daniel and not even a word of sweet sarcasm from Milesy boy this ep either...Strange cause I was kinda hoping Daniel was becoming the new Desmond after his major role in the opening episode but death of ginger 'chim-chim' has sortve fucked him up I guess...though THE VARIABLE seems like his kinda bag...

Though with all Daniel's talk of whatever happens, happens and this being the main philosophy behind the time skips ie. whatever happens in the past is going to have happened already back in normal time (2007) Does this mean future Ben, Mr. Michael Emerson is soon on the road out? What with his body lying in the infirmary after Locke returns (lying dead maybe??) I sure hope not! What with their definitely being something major around Widmore/Ben it'd be a shame for Lost to get rid of their only REAL baddie(?) it's funny to realise that despite being such a huge character in Season 2/3 hes only ever had TWO episodes "of his own" but that changes week after next with DEAD IS DEAD.

Oh btw next week's episode is a Kate episode so expect lots of "looking down at the ground" sadness and anger with the whole Kate/Jack/Juliet/Sawyer thing....you never know Juliet might just get pissed and take a gun to Kate's dome "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS BITCH" ;) But...I doubt it, Hey! We might even get lucky and find out WHAT HAPPENED to Aaron, but...I doubt it :P

Anyway we'll see next week ;)

South Park was hillarious, probably one of the best in a while! Definitely back up to great standards, strong plot, funny characters generally brilliant!

AND I HAVE METALLICA TNIGHT

ARE YOU OUT THERE?!?!? "WAAAAANNNA PUSH YOU DOWN" LOL! ;)
IF THEY PLAY HORSEMEN I'M HAPPY

TOODLES YA'LL

No comments: