Monday, 16 March 2009

Since Al Brown whussed out

For your reading pleasure here's my daily dosage of bullshit!

In as little as, as many days Wikipedia and US television have joined forces to play a little game of hide and go fuck yourself K-Man. What with my staying up in sheer dedication thursday night to get a brand new episode of my name is earl, only to be shot down after hours of waiting by the trusty NBC site that warned me about 4hrs too late that it's been set for a week later...

Well guess what? It's happened AGAIN and this time with Heroes so after no Lost or Earl last week the TV goes the old switcheroo and decides to take away my heroes just as the buzz is starting to pick up, I call a severe case of bullshittery! But no doubt Tracy will get her moment in the spotlight next week, fingers crossed they just dont fuck with lost, AGAIN. Still no word on who's episode it is this week either but no doubt Jack-Attack...cause they like being original!

Well in true Family Guy style after one great episode comes a... not so great episode. The 'lost episodes' scene at the start... I didnt really get at all though maybe it's just to cover the fact OJ simpson is actually in jail now... but is it really that important to create a cover-story in order to preserve what little continuity Family Guy rarely ever has or needs? It's a cartoon...

I really love FG and this far in, this season already beats last but 7x09, which did have a strong, basic plot line with notorious 'did he/didnt he' killer OJ Simpson coming to Quahog. The scenes with him in it were the best! From Peter's always-so-subtle interogation on the golf course to the parody of Charlie Brown where OJ hurls Stewie like a foot...rugby ball made me chuckle. As well as another great as always appearance from Adam West and a nice jab at Matt Groening ;) and the obvious but hillarious where 'nobody' characters appear in a crowd of familiar faces! (Great to see the shifty salesman back again btw! "Did i mention this tank was a TANK?" ALSO - If you noticed, Bonnie is in the mob and shes pregnant?! :O so either FG made a whoopsy and there was an outer-body abortion LOL! anyway the extras appear only to be brutally decapitated and Peter casually concludes in total anti-climax "...I guess he did do it..." I laughed. However, 5 minutes of gold amongst stuff we've seen a thousand times before...

Plus I'm totally calling for a Kansas/Conway Twitty battle royale since they took up 10 minutes of the episode alone! Perhaps Stewie could kill him off (...how typical of me) or even better I always think Conway Twitty looks astonishingly like Ray Liotta's father (or what I assume Ray Liotta's father to look like which concincidently is a lot like Conway Twitty! But I think through the aid of digital imaging have them both appear on screen and have a tearful reunion and walk off into the sunset...instead of having this dead fuckin crooner dominate the airtime and ruin my fuckin cartoons with his country pish! It totally passed the point of being humourus at all when you realise you're going to be subjected to the full song...

All in all it's a pretty forgettable episode I wouldnt have said complete shite and I'll probably go back to it a few times...often with bursts of annoyance when Twitty appears and I forget...but once again American Dad trumped it. I can safely say that I'm enjoying Season 4 of American Dad a lot more than Season 7 of Family Guy at the moment...

It's definitely confirmed that FG - Starwars empire has been pushed back til season 8, though it's been announced that a table reading for the script of the JEDI episode I believe is (tentively) called Episode VI: The Great Muppet Caper (obviously a reference to how many puppets were used in the 3rd (6th) film and perhaps maybe a muppets parody!? I'd love to see Kermit and Miss Piggy as ewoks hahaha just a total guess, but you heard it here first remember ;)

A scary thought dawns though only 2...confirmed scheduled episodes next (on wikipedia) at the moment anyway we still have the Lois "Anchorman" Griffin, episode next week which... fingers crossed, as well as the Trek ep which I'm tryin to keep my hopes down for but it just sounds, looks and has the full cast for it not be great!

I really hope more episodes get announced soon but unfortunately it cant be long til the summer break...although mid April seems to be about the time Heroes takes another breather so that could well be FG down for a break too but I dont see why necessarily... Prison Break is due to start up back on April 18th it's final walk down the green mile so maybe my cartoons get a stay of execution too!

We can only hope.
Updates - More as I hear it!

PS. My collection is still growing ever stronger and now I've even put some pics up of my CDs cause as the old saying goes... "no pics, no proof" thats just same I intend to get the others shot and uploaded tmoro night for no one elses enjoyment but my own but you should check out "HERE"

No comments: